- What is Maritime History?
Maritime history is the study of people and their activities in, on, around and under the waters of the world. This includes oceans, estuaries, rivers, and creeks.
- Who we are
The AAMH is run by an Executive Council that has officers from all States and Territories. The AAMH is not restricted to Australia and Australian maritime history: its membership and field of interest are international in scope. Go to Publications Page for more about the AAMH's contribution to maritime history.
• the history of submarines in naval, military and defence contexts;
• the use of submarines in marine archaeological research and historical oceanic exploration;
• submarines as subjects of heritage protection;
• the historical, civil uses of submarines; and
• articles exploring sites and objects, events, organisations and people associated with submarines. .
New AAMH Conference Coming in November.....
Call for Papers: Go to Sheridan College web site